The Fungi Names Project will build on the existing Interactive Catalogue of Australian Fungi (ICAF) housed at Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, to produce a list of all names applied to Australian fungi, arranged under the currently accepted name. For this project, 'fungi' includes both the true fungi and fungoid organisms in the Protista and Chromista. The fungi list will be the first compilation of the known fungi from Australia for more than 60 years, and is expected to include the names of around 8,000 accepted species of non-lichenised fungi.
No results yet
Your results will be here.
Type a name into the search form above.
- You will get suggestions as you type in your query, they tell you what your query will return, and you can select one for an exact match.
- The query is not case sensitive.
- This search uses an automatic wild card at the end of the query to match all endings (unless the query is in double quotes).
- The query is an ordered set of search terms, so viola l. will match "Viola L." and "Viola L. sect Viola."
- Putting double quotes around your entire query will cause it to be matched exactly (except case). e.g. "Viola L." will match just Viola L.
- You can use a % as a wild card inside the search query e.g. hakea elon% be or "hakea % var. elon% benth." to find "Hakea ceratophylla var. elongata Benth."